JN201 - Introduction

Hello all fellow  students. I am taking up journalism to learn as much as I can about media, communications, etc. I am a lifelong student of the Martial Arts and started this in 1976. I teach private lessons on occasion and spend the rest of my time hiking, camping, travelling, and practicing primitive living skills. I specifically want to learn as much as possible in the general sense about all forms of media and focus more on learning about social media.

I'm a nature lover, vegan, and simply believe in nature. I think when man messes with nature - it throws it out of balance. About 20 years ago I thought of this short story: If  I was in a ship wreck with my parents and no one survived but me at say 3 years old and I ended up on some island- what would things be like? Presupposing that I would have limited vocabulary, I might look at the ocean and not have a name for it. I might look at a tree and not have a name for it. I might look at the sky, and the same thing.

I would probably have no concept of a god or supernatural things. I would not even know what the word human is. I would probably experience things just as they are without any other thoughts about those things whatsoever.

Well that's me and the earth is the island I ended up on for a short time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Topic 2: Fake News

Media Project Blog 2 / Topic 1 / Advertising and Public Relations

Week 8 Topic 2 Magazines