Topic 2

Hello. This post is about topic 2 for JN201 Media & Society

The three main sources I get my news from are CNN, The Gazette Times, and KATU News. I consider these sources as reliable because they are accepted sources of real news and the reviews of these sources is reliable enough for me. I have never heard of any grand conspiracy of these sources as being used or funded by special interest groups to control the masses. I am confident that all of the above mentioned sources provide accurate reporting of news.
In so far as fake news. I am moderately concerned with fake news because of the overwhelming amount of untrue information that has had negative consequences on society collectively and because the collective consciousness of man is powerful enough to create enough massive change that could prove detrimental to the whole man spectrum. As the term "fake news" gets seen by the masses more and more, I think that at a minimum more and more people will use a more critical eye and start to discern truth from fiction and so I am hopeful.
I determine real news from fake news by choosing trusted sources, verifying anything that appears off, and by listening to my own gut sense about things I personally observe or experience.  I call what I use uncommon sense. In so far as what steps I take before passing on information I started using a new and self-made disclaimer in all my sharing. When I think that something is interesting, or I want opinions from others, or just initiate a dialogue about a subject, I simply share or post information with the following disclaimers: "I reserve the right to be wrong- and I could be wrong" and/or " I may or may not agree on the following information however I am sharing this to get others opinions or knowledge on the subject".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Topic 2: Fake News

Media Project Blog 2 / Topic 1 / Advertising and Public Relations

Week 6 Topic 1 / Newspapers